Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs )
Address: P.O Box 536-20115, Egerton, Kenya,
Telephone: + 254 51 2217933 , Fax: + 254 51 2217805, E-mail:
The division is headed by a Deputy Vice Chancellor who is in charge of all Academic Affairs including academic programmes, Library services and students welfare
An excellent academic division that provides support in teaching research and services for transforming lives through quality Education.
To provide high quality education for undergraduate and graduate students and contribute to knowledge and skills through excellence and destination in teaching, research and services.
- Expand students’ enrolment by 1,000 annually.
- Improve quality of education index by 0.5% annually.
- Ensure at least 80% of the students admitted complete their studies within the stipulated time in respective programmes.
- Improve competence on pedagogical skills by at least 1% of the academic staff annually.
The Division is responsible for developing programmes and management of the University’s Academic Affairs including Library services and students welfare.
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs) is in charge of:
- Formulation and provision of policy guidelines on planning, development and management of academic programmes.
- Preparing curricula and rules and regulations governing the implementation of academic programmes;
- Overseeing the administration of students and management of students’ welfare services in the University.
Committees of the Division:
- The Bookshop and Library Committee;
- Deans Committee;
- The Staff Appointment Committee for Lectureship, Assistant Lectureship, and Technicians;
- The Students Disciplinary Committee;
- The Student Welfare Committee;
The Division is committed to supporting the Mission of the university and working closely with the Deans of Faculties, Directors of Centers/ Institute/School and Chairpersons of Departments on matters related to academic programmes.
Sections of the Division
- Registrar Academic Affairs
- Deputy Registrar (Academic Affairs)
- University Library
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Education and Community Studies
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Environment & Resources Development
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery
- Institute of Women Gender and Development Studies
- International Linkages & Programmes
- Directorate of Postgraduate Studies
- Directorate of Undergraduate Studies & Field Attachment
- Dean of Students
The Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs)
Administration Building, room 120
Postal address: P.O. Box 536 Egerton
Telephone: + 254-51-2217806+ 254-51-2217806
Cell: + 254-020-2313153+ 254-020-2313153
Official Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5.00 p.m.